School Catering Provision
Our school catering services are provided by North Tyneside Catering Services.
Catering Unit Manager - Eileen McFadyen
Catering Assistants: Tracey Warwick, Lesley Pratt, Andie Pickering, Pearl Rowntree, Ann Shepherd, Sheena Leach Noemia Birds, Joyce Ward.
Contact Number: 0191 2008312
High School Catering Tariff click [here].
World Kitchen Menu Click [here].
Free School Meals
Information and eligibility criteria for free schools can be found here.
Food Standards in School
North Tyneside Catering Services only procure the freshest quality ingredients in order to ensure the meals we serve are of the highest quality.
Not only has produce been responsibly sourced but we also ensure that we purchase locally and regionally in order to ensure quality produce whilst reducing food miles.
* All meat carries the Farm Assured certification (Red Tractor)
* All our fresh poultry is sourced from British Farms
* We only ever purchase free range eggs and all are from local farms
* All fish is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council
* All milk is provided by local dairy farmers
* All bananas are Fair Trade
* Fruit and vegetables are purchased through Gateshead fruit and veg
Lunch is an important time of the day for students. We work with students to offer a varied menu.
We produce a daily choice of traditional, international and vegetarian dishes - accompanied by salad or fresh vegetables.
The three week menu offers students simple fresh food that they want to eat.
In addition, students have the choice of:
- an Indian or Chinese choice of dish
- made to order sub style sandwiches and salads
- hot pasta pots served with a choice of sauces
- crispy jacket potatoes with choice of hot or cold filling
- drinks, fruit, cakes and biscuits
Special dietary needs
Your child's special diet needn't prevent them from enjoying a healthy and tasty school lunch with their friends.
- can provide tailored school lunches for children with special dietary requirements or medically prescribed diets
- currently produce over 100 special diets each day
- work closely with dietitians and parents to meet children's specific needs, including wheat-free and gluten-free meals
Food allergies information click [here]